Monday, April 5, 2010

Henry’s Great Accomplishment

Some of you might be aware that of what Henry has been working towards over the last few months, but I haven’t shared before…only because he wouldn’t let me. 

At the beginning of January, Henry started a weight loss competition at work with his co-workers, and Henry is leading the competition.  By leading, I don’t necessarily mean winning, I just mean he began the competition.  Christmas 09 016 This is Henry at Christmas time this year.  He’s been committed to this change of lifestyle and really been focusing on what he eats when he’s out to lunch or dinner as well as making sure he’s active at least twice a week, and most of the time it’s much more than that.

Surprisingly, I do not have a current picture of him that is not just a headshot.  I know I know.  How can that be, right?

Well, I can tell you he’s lost over 15 pounds, and there’s a good chance that he’s lost 20.  I’m just not positive about that one. 

The competition at work ends on April 12th, and I know it would be great if he had one last fabulous push!  Send words of encouragement his way as it would be wonderful for him, I know :)

He has an overall goal of getting back down to around the size that the was when we started dating, but that is a goal he hopes to reach by the end of the year I believe, not by April 12th :)

The competition at work does have a monetary prize.  Each of the individuals in the competition put in $20.  There are two categories: % of weight lost and % of body fat lost.  I know he is currently somewhere at the top of the board in weight loss, but I don’t know his actual placement.

We’ll let you know how it goes! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is fantastic! Way to go Henry!!! Keep up the good work and it will definitely pay off!
    And since I totally forgot to share this with y'all before, I'm keeping up with my weight loss journey on a new blog. Check it out! And maybe even find some inspiration to keep going :)

    http://smugglingbudgies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete