Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blessing is named Addison Joy :)

Ok, I can’t stand it, and I want to scream with excitement!  I’m writing this on April 2nd, but I’m saving and holding onto this until Kelly or Matthew has the chance to blog about this themselves, first.  It’s only fair :)  Writing about it now though is therapeutic for me and makes me feel like I was able to scream about this amazing little girl that was born last night (er, April 1st at 9:16pm ET)!Addison Joy 3 She was 9lbs 7 ounces and 22 inches long.
Addison Joy
Addison Joy 2
Addison Joy with Kelly
Mom endured 38 hours of labor and spent the last 4 pushing to bring Addison Joy into the world.  God bless her.
Addison Joy with MatthewDad was there every step of the way!
Addison Joy with LaurieEven sweet Mia (Kelly’s mom) was able to be there for sweet Addison’s arrival. 

I could not be prouder or happier for my wonderful friend, sister and compadre, Kelly.  I never imagined in 1997 that this girl acting silly next to me would grow to mean so much, nor did I think I would be anxiously awaiting the birth of her first child.  She’s a beautiful Mom with an adorable daughter, and I can’t wait to see them!  …and Matthew and Piper, too, of course!

P.S. Check out this adorable picture of her in the beanie her Aunt Krista and Uncle Henry got her :)Addison Joy in beanie

1 comment: