Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Workin' on the House

Man, we have been going and going like the Energizer bunny! We've been able to take a little rest this evening. We started working on the house on October 27th, and we've already made some good progress, I think :)

First off, I bought some paint samples and painted posterboard for Henry to see the colors on any wall we wanted to see them on. Well, turns out we are only using 2 of those 4 colors. I then bought 2 more paints samples, and we aren't using either of those. Haha!

We did determine that we wanted to paint our bedroom Warm Stone from Sherwin Williams. You can click here to click on the color to see it. We thought it would go very well with our Espresso furniture and some good white accents. Not to mention, my hubby likes darkness when he sleeps, so that should help him sleep a little better ;) For the living room, Henry was a big help in helping me choose the color Hopsack. I originally was thinking about Chateau Brown, but, after painting the bedroom, I knew that would just be too dark. I then thought Mocha would be a terrific color, but, on our living room walls with our lighting, it just looked so 1980's Mauve! I know, I know; how can Mocha look Mauve?! I'm serious, it did. Henry was able to head to Sherwin-Williams for me and ask for something with the same color combination but with less Maroon in it :) Thus, we have Hopsack! Thanks Mom for helping me paint the living room!

Though I haven't painted the dining room yet, I'm pretty sure I want to paint that room a little differently than the other 2 rooms. I'd like to do an accent wall and then paint the other 3 walls a different color. Here's what I'm thinking about currently:

Arresting Auburn for the accent wall-this color looks muck more wine-like on the swatch
Glamour for the other 3 walls

Now, this next room color is going to be shocking I'm sure, but don't jump too far out of your chair with shock :) Our office is going to be color matched to be Aggie Maroon. Oh yes...it's true. For the entryway, hallway, and 2 extra bedrooms, we made an easy and quick decision to paint the color Latte.

We also have a huge brick wall in our living room that I primed first, then painted it Extra White in oil-based paint. It shines now :)

As for our kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room, I have no idea! I'm thinking about just leaving them as they are. I know for sure that our hall bathroom will have black and white accents (shocker, I know), but I don't want to paint the whole bathroom red! I dunno. Any advice?

On the outside of the house, Dad and Henry cleaned up the backside where the meter, breaker box, and telephone box where as there were soooo many wires that had been installed from various providers over many many years. Now, the clutter is gone and is not such a huge eyesore :) Thanks boys!

I also got some exciting new shiny things for the house! I know it sounds crazy that I would be this excited, but look....


Yes, it's true. Now my truck, phone, laptop, washer and dryer all match! How dorky, right?

Oh, I can't believe I haven't bragged more on Henry! Sorry hunny :/ He also installed a new light fixture for our hallway! We found a steal of a deal at Ikea for this new fixture :) He also got to mow our lawn for the first time yesterday; it was really cute.

Ok, well, I hope that provides a good update for the house so far! I'm sure there will be more to come later :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I bought so many paint samples from Sherwin Williams that I didn't use. Nick was so aggravated with me. I also aggravated him when I decided to repaint several of the BIG rooms this year!!! And now I want to repaint the baby's room and our bedroom. It never ends... hopefully you'll be more decisive than I was.

    ReplyDelete