Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Breakfast Area Light

Back at the beginning of December, Henry and I had all we could take with the original light that came with our home purchase in the breakfast area. Our heads had knocked it enough, and we were concerned that it was falling farther and farther out of the ceiling. Yikes! You can see from the picture below that the light is not hanging straight, is way too long, and is just all wrong from the year 1968. Thus, it came down!



We found a semi-flushmount from Lowe's to replace the outdated light, and my fabulous husband installed it!



So much better!

....and less Advil.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Krista, love all your decorating ideas. We bought another place in College Station (it hasn't been updated in 30 years) and my favorite shopping has becomes Lowes!Love to you and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to ask, I noticed you painted over your fireplace brick. If the fireplace had not been painted when you bought the house would you have left it alone? I can't decided what to do with the fireplace in the new (old)place in CS. It still has the original brick, I kind of like it but have had several people tell me I should paint it white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've heard a lot of people say that if brick isn't painted already, you should leave it. That said, depending on what you plan to do with the house, I say do what you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are giving me the urge to make a few changes around here...

    ReplyDelete