Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine’s Day

Wow, I know this is really late, but I’m finally getting to share our fab weekend plans! Sorry, I didn’t take any pics, so good ol’ reading is all I have for ya.

Friday night, Henry and I decided to see Valentine’s Day. I actually thought it was really good, and Henry agreed that it was better than most chic movies. We then tried out Amazon Grill, which we had never been to. We both really liked it and look forward to going back! Afterwards, my hubby decided to take me to The Chocolate Bar! After sharing the details of our awesome night out with Kelly G., Blessing began to become very eager about visiting the Chocolate Bar when he/she brings her Mommy and Daddy to Houston one day :)

Saturday, we, of course, slept in; I until 10:30am and Henry…well, he’s a Borchard…he slept until the P.M. ;) We then made a trip to Lowe’s, Chick Fila (yum!), Henry fertilized and I washed our vehicles :) P.S. Black Pearl is OFFCIALLY out of warranty after only a year and a half as she reached 36,000 miles. Anyway, that evening we went to Gugliani’s for dinner since there is one by our house now! Very yummy. Henry then let me try Piccomolo for the first time :) Not the same as Italy, but not bad either

Sunday, we continued our search for a new church and did a 2nd visit at Grace Bible Church in the Heights. Just when I thought the service was over, we, of course were not noticed since we don’t know anyone there, and we were headed out the church…

“Krista!”

“OMG. I didn’t wear makeup. No one here knows me. Who is this calling my name?!”

Haha, it was Lydia! Lydia worked with Anne, my ol’ roomate, when Anne was at BP. Lydia is such a sweet girl, and I was very excited to see her. Shocked and confused at first, yes, but still very cool to see her.

That afternoon, Henry and I exchanged V-day gifts. I got him cufflinks as he has been begging me for some for over a year. I finally listened :) He was very very excited!

He got me one of the best cards ever that totally fits our relationship. I was very impressed with his efforts already. Then he did his trademark gift; self-printed gift certificates for things he knows I want. Haha! I’ve gotten many of these over the years, and I love them. So creative and definitely a “Henry” thing :) He is going to let me get one of my bridals printed as well as one of our wedding photos printed and have them both custom framed :) He also wants us to get a couples massage together. I requested that we save that for our anniversary which is just about a month away! Crazy that 2 years have almost gone by. He also got me some stuff from Vickie’s, but…I returned it. I know, I’m bad. I felt the other stuff was generous enough!

Anyway, Henry’s had a lot of work going on this week and man…my career in domestic engineering has been very rough this week! I’m just so busy! Speaking of which, it calls for an early morning so I better head to bed! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yes----Chocolate Bar is on the list!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day Weekend! Tim and Chelsea came to visit and we got to go to my favorite restaurant... the Broken Egg Cafe!

    You have to take me to the Chocolate Bar too the next time I'm in town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Krista, I sure enjoyed seeing you and Henry at STori's shower. The wedding we are going to is at the Chateau Polonez off of Malcomson. come see us anytime.

    ReplyDelete