Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stella/KB's Toy at 120,000 miles!

Yes, that's right, KB's Toy is still alive and kickin'! I'm sorry, but I'm just extremely proud of my 9 year and 4 month old prized possession.

I know there are a lot of people who thought I was spoiled only child when I got my truck and probably thought I'd wreck a brand new vehicle or 'ask Daddy for something new in 2 years.'

Who's laughing now?!

I don't think even my parents realized how much I would love this truck when they gave it to me. I tried to hold back tears of excitement when I got my truck, but what's the use? I cried, and I'm proud of it...now. I really didn't think I'd get the EXACT truck I hoped for; after all, I literally though it was a dream. A 16-year-old dream.

I mean, how many people can say they are still driving their first vehicle at my age? I know there are some out there, I understand that, but it's not a lot of people, I think.

Nevertheless, I'm quite proud of how well I've maintained her, kept up with her, kept her clean, and wowed lube shops when they realize just how old she is :) It always brings a smile to my face when they guess it's a 2003, but she's really a 2000 :)

A huge thank you to my parents for paying for it (let's be honest). KB's Toy shows no sign of backing down or giving me any problems (knock on wood). In my opinion, she still runs as good as the day I got her. How's that for all of you that dogged me getting a Ford?! Fix or Repair Daily my rear end. Are YOU still driving the same Chevy you were the day you said that to me?

I'm sorry; God could totally show me that pride is too much for this, I'm sure, but I really am proud of this one earthly possession. I hope to still be proud when she's 15 and 20 years old. I'm hoping we can at least keep her until 15 years because then it's only 10 more until she's an antique! I'm not going to lie...I really do want to keep her that long.

Ok, thus ends my Ode to Stella.

I love my truck!

1 comment: