Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Fabulous Place to Clean Clothes

Confession: I, Krista Borchard, LIKE to do laundry. I know...I know. Why? I'm not sure. You would think that doing my family's laundry from 6th grade on would make me turn into a wife that pawns all laundry responsibility on my husband. Apparently, that's not the case. All of my roommates in college could probably attest that I was slightly odd about caring about our laundry area. I mean, I didn't care about it as much as I do about the room in our house now, but I did care.


Anyhow, moving onto the Borchard Casa laundry room! While this is not the finished product, I'll show you the start to finish of what we did.

First off, this picture was taken before we closed. It shows damage on the back wall where the wall meets the floor. Henry removed the sheet rock along the wall, replaced it, taped, floated, re-textured, then I repainted the walls. You can't see the improved wall though because it's behind the washer and dryer.
This picture is of the opposite side of our laundry room. I don't have a NEW picture of this side of the laundry room, but this pic shows what the room basically looked like before. BLAH!
TADA! Our New Laundry Room!
We had some old crappy cabinets in here that were just not salvageable. Justin and Henry removed them, and I bought new shelving from Ikea to put in! That Cheer up on the top shelf is up for grabs by the way. I painted the laundry room March Wind from Sherwin Williams.
Check out our new washer and dryer! I'm in heaven! We decided to get the Maytag Bravos washer and dryer. Click on the words to see the models we selected. Yes, I was doing a load of laundry at the time of this picture taking :)
So beautiful. :) Now my truck, phone, laptop and washer & dryer all match! LOL!
I bought these spiffy hooks that will hold whatever we need them to, but they fold up when you aren't using them.

So what do you think?! I'm totally in love with this room now :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I need to do something about my laundry room. And, I need a good way to store my ironing board. Its up soooo high that I have to get Nick to get it down for me, so I almost never end up doing ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, if you had any idea what I'm forced to use over here, you would DIE! I sooooooo miss US washers and dryers! And your new ones look awesome!

    ReplyDelete