Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dining Room is Getting There!

Sorry all! I know it's been a while, and I hope some of you are visiting because you got a Christmas Card and it had this crazy blog address, thus you decided to try it out! Am I right? If so, please leave a comment :) Henry and I want to hear!

Anyway, I've been working on the house a lot more lately, and I'm about to bombard you with some more updates! I'm going to start with the dining room though because I haven't fully decided how much I like it yet. I think it's because I know it's not complete.

On our wish list is a table to accommodate up to 12 people :) Yes, I want to serve meals to LOTS of you! :) We also have NO LIGHT IN THERE! What the heck! I mean, yes there's a huge bay window, but there is no light in dining room. Ridiculous!

Here are 2 pics from the original listing on the house.
This first picture looks at the dining room from the bay window at the front of the house.
This second picture looks across the dining room from the entry way and onto our office (that room with the weird window).
This is our dining room now! I painted the back wall as an accent wall in Sherwin Williams Arresting Auburn. The other wall (and remaining walls) have been painted a light color on the same swatch which is Sherwin Williams Glamour. Currently, our dining table is in the back of the room, but that will change once I get my big dining table :)
This is the same picture from above where you are looking from the entry way, across the dining room and into the office.
Here is the picture from the middle of the room looking towards the front of the house at the bay window. Those curtains are actually from Walmart :) I LOVE them. I haven't decided if I think this is the best room for them, but I like them for now.

I know this isn't a beautiful picture, but I added some sconces on the side of the window as well as hung a few other things in the dining room. I'm still working on more stuff in here, but I think the paint is the biggest thing.

So, what do you think? Come on out if you are lurking! We want to hear your thoughts :)

1 comment:

  1. I love sconces!!! Neat!! Its fun setting up a house isnt it??? Looking good Krista!!

    ReplyDelete