Sunday, July 11, 2010

To D.C. to meet Addison Joy

Well, Henry and I are back from our week+ long vacay, but there will be more to come on that.  I have more stuff to catch up on from May and June, believe it or not. 

I am elated that Kelly and Matthew have a their new bundle of joy as of April 1, 2010, and, to somewhat fulfill my excitement, I booked a trip to meet her in May.  I was there for 4 days just after Carissa’s baby shower.  That said, I’m seriously ashamed that I have been so incredibly busy that I couldn’t post about this fabulous trip until nearly one month later.  So wrong!!!  Nonetheless, I’m glad I can share some about her, but just know that this info on her development is OF COURSE outdated, and you should see the Grant Gang’s blog for more updates on how she is now :)

I left Houston EARLY early on Monday morning and flew to D.C.  I met Kelly and Addison at a Metro stop NE of DC, and we traveled back to her apartment.  Unfortunately, Matthew had to be away for training with work for 11 days, so I didn’t get to see him.  Kelly, Addison, Piper and I hung out for 4 days and pretty much just played with Addison and did stuff for her.  That’s the fun of it!!! :)  Throughout my stay, I think Kelly would agree that the pic below is her absolute favorite:May 2010 050At the time, Kelly didn’t have any pictures to prove Addison was smiling, but I caught her in a full grin while she talked on the phone with her Daddy :)

Here’s a fun video of Addison and you can catch glimpses of Piper playing with Addison!

Addison was able to talk to her Mia, too!  Mia is Kelly’s mom :)

Addison was also working very hard on rolling over from her stomach to her back.  She successfully did this the day after I left :)

Here’s a few other fun glimpses at Addison:May 2010 033”I’m ready for toe-touches, Mom!”May 2010 034  Big beautiful eyesMay 2010 036 This crunchy paper on her belly was lots of fun for her to play with.May 2010 041 Check out the length on this almost 2 month old :)May 2010 043 Mommy playing with her sweet girl.

And because Piper matters, too ;)May 2010 060Here’s some of my faves of me and the sweet girl :)May 2010 059  May 2010 061 Pretty soon I’ll be able to show you how much she’s changed with info on her from this past weekend :)

1 comment: