Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Corpus Family Vacation and Borchard Family Pictures

Ok, I’m really getting caught up now!!!  The first full week of July, Henry and I took 2 different trips; one to Corpus and one to New Orleans/Mississippi.  Well, this post is on the Corpus part of that trip; NO/MS is to come on Thursday.

So, July 2nd, we loaded up the car, including Ember, and we headed down to Corpus.  This was Ember’s first REALLY long car ride.  Henry and I were both really surprised at how well she did.  Were were planning to make 3 stops, but ended up only having to make 2 because she slept sooooooo hard on the first part of the trip.  She even ate her lunch in the moving car :)July 2010 001July 2010 002July 2010 003July 2010 004It’s quite odd looking at these pictures as I share these with you because she’s grown so much more since I took these pictures!

Anyway, when we arrived in Corpus on Friday, the first order of business was family pictures!  Bellezza Photography took the photos, and Kateri did a great job!  See, Hurricane Alex had made landfall the day before, so she was fighting some pretty tough winds to get good pictures of us.  You can check out the results by clicking here.  Here’s one teaser picture, but you have to go to the link above or the picture below to see more :)Bellezza-Henry and Me

Kateri did a great job, and I’m so glad that we have family pictures now!  Apparently no professional pics have been taken since Justine was a baby or earlier.  Glad that there’s record of her being here now :)  Hehe!

Moving on, we were also impressed with how well Ember did in Corpus with her daily routine.  She had nooooo problem at all with the new surroundings and getting some good sleep.Ember 7-3-10     Ember 7-3-10 2July 2010 009 Most of all, she had lots of fun playing with Eddie and Velma’s dog Boomer!  He’s a Lab/Weimer mix and so so sweet!Ember 7-5-10 2 Ember 7-5-10 4

So what did WE do in Corpus?  Well, ummmm, I have absolutely 0 pictures of that :/  Sorry.  Mostly it was hanging out with family, swimming in the pool, and cooking meals.  Nothing specifically planned or any outings.  It was a good time though.  Ember and I did sleep through the July 4th fireworks though :)  I feel bad that I have no pics, but I just never had my camera around me during our stay.  Most of the pics above are from my phone anyways.

Anyway, we had a good time, and Ember was super cute on the car ride home!Ember 7-6-10 7 Ember 7-6-10 2Ember 7-6-10 3 She loves her Daddy lots!Ember 7-6-10 5 Ok, well this ended up being all about Ember, sorry!  We had a great time in Corpus though!

1 comment: