Monday, August 24, 2009

Palo Duro Canyon and Brandon and Gradee's Wedding

On Friday, Henry and I flew out to Amarillo for Brandon and Gradee's wedding. Brandon was in Class Councils with Henry and I during college, and..well, Brandon and I worked together all the time. He snagged a wonderful girl, and their wedding was very sweet.

First, the flying part of the trip. Somewhere somehow this year, I got cursed with plane delays. It's inevetiable. On Friday, random storms popped up in Houston right over Bush IAH. I have no idea why, but the crews continued to load us on the plane, the pilot even pushed back from the terminal and headed for the runway. We were about to take off, and the pilot came over to say, "Uh, they shut down the airport." "Ya think?!" was Henry and I's response. We did not understand why they preceded to squish us into that tiny plane when lighting was striking literally at the airport. Nonetheless, we got there and stopped by the hotel everyone was staying at and got to see Brandon and a bunch of our friends from college.
On Saturday, Henry and I got up and headed to Palo Duro Canyon to go hiking. Yes, that's right, and it was even my idea, believe it or not. We hiked like 5.5 miles, and it was really fun...except for me flipping out about all the bugs infinitely flying around me.

After hiking, we got ready for Brandon and Gradee's wedding.
Congrats Gradee and Brandon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment