Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We have liftoff

I absolutely love my husband and how much turbo pumps/hydrostatic bearings/heat transfer/etc. gets him all excited. I think it's really awesome. I mean, yes, golf is exciting for him, too, but I don't think he gets as excited because he doesn't get to display his intelligence as much with golf ;)
Nonetheless, my academically inclined hubby put his foot down and wanted to go to...

Dr. Childs would be proud. Yep, that's right. Us two twenty-somethings went to Space Center Houston. It's like being this age and going to Splashtown, in my opinion, but I totally understand that he likes the mechanical details and research discovery aspects of what Space Center Houston has to offer. So I agreed to make it his date day.

He doesn't know whether to be excited, act cool, or what. Haha! Let me just assure you that all those buttons were very exciting for him as he thought about what all they actually did.
Is it obvious that I'm like, "Do I REALLY have to take this picture?"
See the difference in how excited he is about these fire producing liftoff things?! (I'm so not using any terms I learned that day, can you tell?) Now THIS...I get. :) Gosh...it's just so small.
He wanted to show you all the size of this one based on his size. Basically, it's huge, and it took three of these to make liftoff occur!

Henry is practicing landing the shuttle with this simulator. Um...crashing happened a lot. Plus, Henry learned what 'novice' means.
See, he was just so into it. So focused!
Anyway, we had a fun date and then went to Kemah (yes, Kemah is open) to have dinner at Cadillac Bar. Yum! It was a really fun day!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks like soooo much fun, I wish we had that in New Orleans!

    Can you tell I'm an engineer too?

    ReplyDelete