Thursday, May 6, 2010

Long Time No See

Sorry for my slackerness!  I had promised more details on our trip to San Antonio during the last weekend of April.  We really had a blast.

Friday when we arrived in SA, we went straight to Quarry Golf Club so that Henry could play some golf :)April 2010 025April 2010 026 April 2010 028 I had fun riding in the cart next to Henry and watching him play his FAVORITE game! :)

Later that night, we decided to try out another Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives restaurant.  We drove in towards downtown to try out The Cove.  We loved it!  The atmosphere is really fun, lots of families, but still really good HEALTHY food!  We were so glad we tried it out!  We also tried out Red Mango for dessert, which was new to us.  Very delicious though!

The next morning present the ‘Long Time No See’ part of the weekend :).  When I was in Elementary School, I attended the YMCA After School program in the cafeteria of our school.  One of my counselors, Kathy, kept in touch with me long after Elementary school.  We wrote letters to one another, she was great about spending time with me when she could, and even allowed me to be a part of her wedding.  The last we remember seeing one another was her baby shower for her first son.  We lost touch :/

My parents and I were really bummed when we couldn’t find her for Henry and I’s wedding 2 years ago.  Several months ago, I received a Facebook alert on my phone, and it was a friend request from Kathy!!!  I started flipping out and Henry thought something was wrong.  Haha!  I mean, it’s been about 9 or 10 years since we had spoken last.  I was really excited.

Well, she, her husband, and 3 boys are in San Antonio now!  We were able to make arrangements for all of us to get together for brunch that Saturday morning.  We were both really excited to see one another :)April 2010 030After brunch, we joined them all on a trip to Bass Pro Shop and enjoyed watching the boys’ faces light up :)April 2010 032April 2010 033  Sadly, I failed in capturing a picture of their youngest, Caleb, but the above pics are of Brandon and Alex.

It’s nice to be reconnected again!

After brunch, Henry and I went shopping for our first time at La Canterra, and I got some good stuff :) 

It was a fun weekend in San Antonio!

1 comment: